The Insights & Analytics Director supports all brands in the GC IHG organization by identifying important information needs, filling these needs for data through integrating & connecting internal (Revenue, Channel, Loyalty, etc) data and external (Consumer research, competition and market intelligence) data, and — most critically — transforming information into smart action steps for the company. The Director will influence these areas through insights & analytics work that is best-practice and practical in the application of its findings to the business.
The Director will serve as internal expert to all S&M teams, including Brand Marketing, Channel, Loyalty Marketing, and Commercial, etc., on all types of internal and external data from qualitative, quantitative research, secondary research (Euromonitor, etc) and internal data from (Revenue, Channel, Loyalty, etc). The Director must very proactively demonstrate the need for and impact of solid insights and data-driven decisions across key internal departments.
The primary contributions of the Director comprise best-in-class data integration and connecting across the portfolio of IHG Brands in GC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Integrating and connecting internal and external data to create holistic view on our business and competition, what will help to shape competitive advantages
a) Bring back clear understanding and integrated fact-based solutions
b) Business recommendation based on consumer insights
Create holistic view on hotel performance via comparing external benchmark to tell who is #1, via Guest Satisfaction (HeartBeat) & Guest Review Dashboard (Hotel guest commentary consolidation), and also bring insights and solutions to drive hotel performance
Serve as a successful strategic consultant of Brand Funnel from Brand Health Tracking within the IHG organization by:
a) Multi-sources data integration
b) Sustaining very high visibility in sharing of fact-based recommendations;
c) Partner and provide sound direction to the Brand Directors;
d) Creating compelling learning sessions (for which attendance is high) through which many parties within the organization are brought onto the same page as to the “whys” behind actions.
e) Validate and guide marketing investment via campaign effectiveness validation (integrated with Brand Health Tracking, or separately)
Partner with and lead external agency partners
Administration, including research project contract, payment, internal project filing system, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
Required Skills –
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of marketing research techniques, in order to make sure fully understand the data sources, and its limitation
- Demonstrate statistical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information for clients, vendors, and colleagues as well as communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor Degree in a quantitative discipline from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- MBA is a plus
- 10+ years-progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 4+ years managing similar projects with complex
Number of employees supervised –
CONTACTS (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships
- Directors across S&M team: Effective communication and consultation with research techniques with the objective to improve decision making and achieve respective business objectives.
External Key Relationships
- Consultants at various companies (E.g., MB, Ipsos, etc.) and various professional research / consumer insights / innovation organization.
- Work typically performed in a normal office environment.
- Travel is approximately 15% to 25% annually.